DREAM ON

Followers

Monday, May 24, 2010

Music For the Soul

Two albums that came out recently that I think everyone should take a listen too are Nas & Damian Marley "Distant Relatives" & Janelle Monae "The ArchAndroid". Ever since I got my hands on these albums I have yet to go a day without incorporating them into my music rotation.

Nas and Damian Marley's- Distant Relatives album is great. These are two artist who are known to be one of the greats in each of their perspective genre's. They came together and made such beautiful and inspiring music on this album. Throughout this album you will find a lot of encouraging quotes and just different things to motivate you. This is a different Nas on the album. This isn't the hardcore or Nas the philosopher, he kind of gives you the best of both worlds.


Janelle Monae's- The ArchAndroid album is great as well. She is a very talented artist. I wouldn't know what genre to categorize her under because her music is so diverse and different. Throughout the album she gives you some smooth vocals, and even does a little rapping! She reminds me of Erykah Badu or a female version of B.O.B. If you haven't heard any of her work check it out and experience something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment